Find Your Job
Automotive Accounting/ Title Clerk - Team Mancuso Powersports Gulf Freeway in Houston, TX at Sonic Powersports
Date Posted: 1/19/2023
Houston, TX 77034
Team Mancuso Powersports is a group of seven high-volume franchised motorsport dealerships in the Metro Houston area including Harley-Davidson, Indian, Victory and all of the metric brands We employ enthusiastic, motivated people in Sales, Service, Parts, and Apparel. We’re dedicated to guaranteeing our customers receive everything needed to “live the dream” on their new motorcycle, ATV, UTV, Trike or Personal Watercraft.
Automotive Office Manager - Essential Duties
- Analyzes and organizes office operations and procedures.
- Prepares a complete financial statement monthly according to dealership guidelines and the manufacturer's format and time frame.
- Controls all posted documents, including time records, vehicle deals, commissions and additions and changes to inventory.
- Prepares daily bank deposit and cash report.
- Maintains an effective cash management system.
- Controls petty cash amounts for dealership and sales department.
- Reconciles Bank/floorplan accounts monthly.
- Approves adjustments to inventory and receivable accounts.
- Ensures that all manufacturer accounts including warranty claims, rebates, interest, protection, and co-op advertising accounts are current and accurate.
- Prints monthly journals, schedules and general ledger. Closes month by processing accounting month-end.
- Prepares payroll on a timely basis, posts payroll and maintains payroll records.
- Administers charge-back program for late charges to inventory.
- Prepares monthly floor plan report for use in commission calculations.
- Prepares sales commission/chargeback detail reports.
- Manages the payoff of vehicle floor plan and works with bank representatives.
- Approves new charge accounts and oversees collection of past due accounts.
- Review vehicle titles for accuracy and completeness to include VIN, odometer reading and release of liens
- Verify acceptance of title in state for which it is filed
- Confirm negotiability of title document and report any title discrepancies
- Interact with customers, dealers and representatives of regulatory agencies in resolution of title issues
- Maintain current knowledge of DMV regulations regarding vehicle titles for each state in which vehicles are processed
- Pay drafts for incoming titles on bank payable draft lists
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Health, Dental, 401k
- Fun, collaborative work environment
- Two to four years automotive experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.