Find Your Job
Ford Certified Technician- Baytown Ford in Baytown, TX at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 12/21/2022
Baytown, TX 77521
At Baytown Ford a Sonic Automotive premier dealership is looking for Certified Ford Technicians. We are a busy service department and never a slow period. Baytown Ford offers a $5,000 bonus for Ford Certified Technicians and a $10,000 signing bonus for Senior Master technicians. Earn up to $45.00 per hour based upon your certifications and experience.
Immediate Interviews for:
Certified Ford Diesel Technician
Certified Ford Trim, Electrical & Drivability Technician
Additional Information BAYTOWN FORD, in addition to top of the line compensation and a skilled support staff also provides a Longevity Bonus, paid factory training, a 401K, paid employee medical and much more.
The Service Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards. S/he also will oversee the work of any apprentice technician assigned to him/her.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Receive repair orders from dispatcher and take to stall area.
· Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
· Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
· Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
· Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
· Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
· Notify service advisor immediately if additional work outlined is not needed or required.
· Notify service advisor immediately if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
· Document work performed.
· Road-test vehicles when required or refer to the test technician, keeping in mind that the customer vehicle should not be used for personal errands.
· Supervise work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
· Attend factory-sponsored training classes.
· Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
· Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean.
· Keep shop area neat, clean, and be able to account for all dealership-owned tools at all times.
****Must have minimum 5 years’ experience in the stated skill AND must have current Ford certification.****
· Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
· Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
· High CSI is a must.
· ASE or manufacturing training.
· High school diploma or the equivalent.
· Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
· Manual dexterity.
· Good Judgment.
· All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA.
· All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner.
· All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, and valid driver license.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.