Find Your Job
Service Director - Mercedes-Benz of McKinney in McKinney, TX at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 10/28/2022
McKinney, TX 75069
At a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
- Forecasts goals and objectives for the departments and strives to meet them.
- Hires, trains, motivates and monitors the performance of the service and parts department managers.
- Prepares and administers an annual operating budget for the service and parts departments.
- Maintains reporting systems required by general management and the factory.
- Attends managers meetings.
- Monitors the performance of the service and parts departments.
- Strives for harmony and teamwork within the departments and with all other departments.
- Understands, keeps abreast of and complies with federal, state and local regulations that affect service operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know etc.
- Understands and ensures compliance with manufacturer warranty and policy procedures.
- Holds weekly department meetings.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with customers to encourage repeat and referral business.
- Fosters professional employee development and coordinates with department managers to determine need for advanced training.
- Maintains high-quality service repairs and minimizes comebacks. Conducts periodic spot checks of completed jobs for thoroughness and quality.
- Makes customer satisfaction a department priority, ensuring that service and parts personnel are courteous and respectful in their interaction with customers.
- Handles customer complaints immediately and according to dealership's guidelines.
- Administers warranty claims, reviews warranty policy adjustments, understands and applies warranty guidelines, ensures correct processing of claims and communicates warranty information and clarifications to customers.
- Develops dealership service and parts pricing plans and recommends to dealer or general manager.
- Works with parts and service managers to find ways to improve the overall profitability of the dealership.
- Keeps abreast of new equipment and tools available and recommends purchases.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with vocational and technical schools to enhance personnel recruitment activities.
- Serves as liaison with factory representatives.
- Maintains safe work environment.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.