Find Your Job
Service Advisor - BMW CPO Nashville in Nashville, TN at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 8/29/2022
Nashville, TN 37204
At BMW CPO Nashville, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
· The Service Advisor is responsible for scheduling service work in the service department and for selling additional needed service to customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Schedules service appointments. Obtains customer and vehicle data prior to arrival when possible.
· Greets customers in a timely, friendly manner.
· Provides a complete and accurate written cost estimate for labor and parts. Establishes "promised time".
· Checks on progress of repair throughout the day. Contacts customers regarding any changes in the estimate or promise time, explains cost and time requirements in detail, and gets proper authorization before any additional repairs are performed.
· Test-drive the vehicle or refer to the test technician as necessary.
· Maintain Customer Satisfaction Index rating at least comparable to that of the manufacturer, zone or branch average.
· Advise customers on the care of their cars and the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications, using maintenance menus.
· Maintains a dealership-prescribed standard for “hours per customer repair order written."
· Understands and follows federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes, OSHA right-to-know, etc.
· Follows all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
· High school diploma or the equivalent.
· Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
· Two years of experience in a dealership position.
· General knowledge of vehicle mechanical operations.
· ASE certification preferred.
· Sales experience preferred.
· Professional personal appearance.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA
· All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner
· All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, credit report, and valid driver license
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.