Find Your Job
Sales Manager - Massey Cadillac South in Orlando, FL at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 8/3/2022
Orlando, FL 32809
At Massey Cadillac South, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
The Sales Manager ensures that the dealership meets its unit sales quotas and its gross objectives on a daily, monthly, and yearly basis. S/he will ensure that the retail and fleet units sold produce sufficient gross to aid the dealership in reaching its profit objective on a monthly and yearly basis. S/he will accomplish these objectives through planning, organizing, coordinating, and measuring the activities of the New- and Used-vehicle Sales Departments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Make a monthly projection of the vehicle requirements by department for the immediate 90-day sales period.
· Determine monthly and yearly forecasts in terms of unit sales, gross profit objectives, and departmental profits.
· Forecast monthly with each salesperson to establish objectives in terms of the number and type of customers coming into the dealership, closing percentages in each category, time utilization, prospecting efforts, unit sales, and projected income.
· Recommend to the Dealer procedures for short-and long-range advertising, sales
promotions, staffing needs, lease promotions, compensation plans, customer complaints, salespersons’ evaluations, and car rentals.
· Prepare a Plan of the Week and submit to the Dealer.
· Meet with each salesperson as early as possible every day to review yesterday’s results and today’s plan of action.
· Conduct sales meetings.
· Facilitate pre-delivery with the Service Manager.
· Provide on the job training for salespeople.
· Ensure that salespeople are following an established prospecting program to obtain
· Review monthly commission sheets, productivity reports, salespersons’ monthly forecast, and profit performance with the Dealer by salesperson and as a department.
· Maintain a balanced vehicle inventory and establish a program for moving new cars in
inventory over 90 days.
· Maintain a balanced vehicle inventory and establish a program for moving used cars in inventory over 45 days.
· Require that standards are maintained for displaying, merchandising, and maintaining vehicles.
· Ensure that every prospect is thanked personally.
· Check the condition of all demonstrators monthly.
· Keep an accurate count of floor traffic.
· Implement and monitor Factory Standards and programs to achieve 100% Customer Satisfaction.
· Conduct and document ongoing refresher safety training within the sales department.
· Conduct periodic self-inspection for hazard assessment within the sales department and recommend and document action needed and action taken.
· Ensure that sales department employees follow safety policy and practices and that they report any and all accidents immediately.
· Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
· Must be legally and technically able to safely operate Company and customer-owned vehicles.
· Must be insurable by Company insurance carrier.
· Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
· High school diploma or the equivalent.
· Two years of automotive sales experience.
· One year in a dealership management position.
· Excellent communication skills. Excellent managerial skills.
· All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA
· All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner
· All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, credit report, and valid driver license
.It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.