Find Your Job
Service Technician - Massey Cadillac South in Orlando, Florida at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 7/6/2022
Orlando, Florida 32809
At Massey Cadillac South, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive.
The Service Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards. S/he also will oversee the work of any apprentice technician assigned to him/her.
Why work for Massey Cadillac South?
Our Automotive Technician Compensation and Benefits Package includes:
At Massey Cadillac South, earn up to $36 per hour as a certified Cadillac Technician. You may be eligible for a $2,500 Signing Bonus (Depending on Qualifications & Training).
Air Conditioned Shop
Work/Life balance. Your family is as important to us as they are to you!
• Tenure bonus starting at completion of 2 years of service
• Paid time off and Paid Training
401K with Matching
• Health insurance (Zero Health Insurance Premiums available (based on Tenure)
• Factory training - The ability to earn income while training to become a Cadillac technician
• Mentor who is invested in your development, growth, and success
• A career path from entry-level to top-level
• Incremental pay increases for achieving new levels of certification
• Recognition for reaching goals and high performance
If you want to find out more about the types of jobs we have here, we've highlighted a few.
We're proud of what we're doing here. Come and join us!
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Receive repair orders from dispatcher and take to stall area.
· Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
· Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
· Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
· Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
· Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
· Notify service advisor immediately if additional work outlined is not needed or required.
· Notify service advisor immediately if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
· Document work performed.
· Road-test vehicles when required or refer to the test technician, keeping in mind that the customer vehicle should not be used for personal errands.
· Supervise work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
· Attend factory-sponsored training classes.
· Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
· Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean.
· Keep shop area neat, clean, and be able to account for all dealership-owned tools at all times.
· Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
· Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
· High CSI is a must.
· ASE or manufacturing training.
· High school diploma or the equivalent.
· Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
· Manual dexterity.
· Good Judgment.
· All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA.
· All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner.
· All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, and valid driver license.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.