Find Your Job
Support Operations Center Engineer III in Charlotte, NC at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 6/21/2022
Charlotte, NC 28211
At Sonic Automotive, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
Support Operations Center Engineer III
You're serious about your career, and rest assured you've come to the right place. At Sonic Automotive Inc., you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
The Support Operation Center Engineer III (SOC III) is a key member of the business technology production support team that provides 24/7/365 support through on premise and specific on call coverage schedules. This professional will troubleshoot and support our associate’s critical incidents providing communication to the business for business impacting outages. They are responsible to review all incidents to ensure timely resolution. The SOC III Engineer will be level 3 support for all custom, select 3rd party applications, network, IPT, PBX and infrastructure issues. They will standardize, create and maintain support documentation (Knowledge Management) of the dealership systems and applications.
• Main Core Responsibilities:
o Critical Incident Management (communicating with business)
o Incident Management
o Tier 3 support on all network infrastructure & applications
o Knowledge Management
• Act as the coordinator on Critical Incidents to ensure timely resolution.
• Provide appropriate communication to the business during critical, production impacting events as outlined by BT support process.
• Communicate with the technical teams as outlined in BT support process on all non-production impacting, critical events.
• Maintain outage notification logs and follow documented escalation procedures where appropriate.
• Serve as an Incident Coordinator watching aging tickets following the Incident Management Processes defined.
• Assist in monitoring that all tickets are following the necessary escalation path and are resolved quickly.
• Facilitate in the performance of root cause analysis to identify and recommend operational changes to the management team.
• Provide support and assistance for third level troubleshooting on all of Sonic’s applications, network infrastructure and triage to vendors or operations for higher level escalations.
• Assist in the documentation of all facets of technology including vendor documentation, circuit data, upkeep of dealership playbooks and knowledge base articles to ensure support success.
• Maintain Sonic Standard Monitoring Platform.
• Legacy PBX Support.
• LEC circuit ordering and provisioning.
• Windows server, O365, and Exchange troubleshooting.
• Exchange and O365 mail work.
• Comply with Change Management controls and guidelines.
• 8+ years of Cisco IPT experience
8+ years of application support experience.
• 8+ years of Firewall experience
• 8+ years of O365 / Exchange administration or support experience
• 8+ years of IT customer support experience
• 3+ years of Velo Cloud / SDWAN experience
• 8+ years of telephony experience
• Active Cisco CCNP
• 8+ years Enterprise WAN management experience (MPLS, Internet, and Metro Ethernet)
• Expert level of experience with Solarwinds (or comparable monitoring / alerting tools)
• Knowledge of and experience with the ITIL Service Management framework
• Undergraduate degree or better in technical or related field of study
• Knowledge of the technology support industry.
• Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
• Working knowledge of operational support escalation.
• Knowledge of ticketing systems.
• Experience designing workflows or processes around mixed skill sets.
• Effective communication and strong interpersonal skills required.
• Must demonstrate tact and diplomacy.
• Flexibility and handling ambiguity required.
• Must possess strong problem solving and resolution skills.
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Visio.
• Knowledge and experience with monitoring tool sets.
• Ability to provide excellent customer service whether internally or externally.
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.