Find Your Job
Automotive Business Controller in Signal Hill, CA at EchoPark Automotive
Date Posted: 5/5/2022
Signal Hill, CA 90755
EchoPark Automotive is the fastest growing and most comprehensive nearly new automotive retail brand in America today. Our aggressive plan is to cover 90% of the U.S. by 2025 to reach 90% of the population with the most unique business model and utilization of one of the most innovative technology-enabled sales strategies. This approach provides a personalized and preferred, guest-centric buying process that has been proven out by consistently delivering award-winning guest-focused experiences and superior value to car buyers nationwide with an average savings up to $3,000 over the competition. EchoPark is set to be the #1 in near-new/pre-owned 1-4-year-old vehicle sales by 2025 and already making its mark by earning the 2021 Consumer Satisfaction Award, creation of new Owner Experience Centers, development of all-new online shopping technology and a focus to grow the brand. EchoPark’s mission is in its name, Every Car deserves a Happy Owner. This drives all they do, differentiates itself from the competition, and has them focused to redefine the category for their guests. More information about EchoPark Automotive can be found at www.echopark.com
EchoPark Automotive is looking for a Controller at our store in Long Beach, California. The Controller serves as a business partner to the General Manager and reports to the Regional Controller. The Controller is the key dealership executive for managing the accounting function and all related policies and procedures at the store level. He/she must exercise sound judgment to make independent, discretionary decisions regarding the dealership’s financial and office workflow. The Controller must implement and execute controls to ensure compliance with the Company’s policies and applicable SOX regulation. The Controller directs the office staff to ensure timely completion and accuracy of assigned tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to all departments to help drive revenue, control expenses, and contribute to a premier guest experience.
- Cultivate a second-to-none- culture that creates meaning and satisfaction for all EchoPark teammates
- Ensure that the accounting records are maintained in an orderly, current and accurate condition at all times.
- Ensure that all Company policies are communicated and followed.
- Maintain internal controls to ensure compliance with company policies and applicable regulations.
- Recruit, supervise and develop business operations personnel.
- Audit the balance sheets and schedules regularly and address any possible problems while keeping the Sr. Controller informed of problems and potential liabilities.
- Assist operations with dealership forecasting and budgeting.
- Ensure timely completion of all financial statements, monthly work papers and reports.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and clear reconciling items every month.
- Review every schedule in the dealership every month and make necessary corrections.
- Create timely and accurate DOC forecasts.
- Accounting degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 years’ experience managing the accounting function and leading the accounting staff of an automotive dealership.
- Outstanding written, verbal and presentation-based communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, forecasting and budgeting skills.
- Experience with dealership management computer systems (CDK preferred).
- Very strong computer skills, particularly with Excel and the Microsoft office suite.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
You can read more about our organization and our exciting growth at www.echopark.com.