Find Your Job
Apprentice Technician - Lexus of Birmingham in Birmingham, AL at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 2/25/2022
Birmingham, AL 35210
At Lexus of Birmingham, our apprentices receive a guaranteed minimum income during their apprenticeship period. Tuition Reimbursement is also available. A MENTOR is also provided to assist the apprentice should he/she have a problem diagnosing or repairing a vehicle. Successful Graduation from an automotive technical training program is required. Lexus of Birmingham, is committed to your success as and automotive technician servicing and repairing one of the premier automotive brands.
· The Apprentice Service Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance on Audi vehicles as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform work as outlined on repair order with accuracy.
· Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
· Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
· Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is recommended.
· Notify service advisor if additional work outlined is needed or recommended.
· Notify service advisor immediately if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
· Document work performed.
· Road-test vehicles when required.
· Utilize the knowledge of you Mentor, Team Leader or Shop Foreman when necessary.
· Attend factory-sponsored training classes.
· Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
· Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean.
· Follow all company safety policies and procedures, report any accidents to a manager or supervisor.
· High CSI is a must.
· High school diploma or the equivalent.
· Successful graduation form a recognized automotive technical training school.
· Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
· Applicants must be authorized to work in the USA.
· Applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner.
· Applicants must be able to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, and a drug test.
it's time to make the most important move of your career. When you join Lexus of Birmingham, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. You'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.