Find Your Job
Tax Analyst in Charlotte, NC at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 2/18/2022
Employee Type: Full-time
Location: 4401 Colwick Road
Charlotte, NC 28211
Charlotte, NC 28211
Job Type: Accounting/Auditing
Experience: Mid-Senior Level
EchoPark Automotive is one of the fastest growing brands within the automotive industry. We are building a business based on doing things the right way. From the way we treat our guests, take pride in our work and share opportunities for our employees to grow as we grow. We are proud of what we're doing here and would love to tell you about our opportunities!
The Tax Analyst prepares federal and state tax returns, prepares components of the income tax provision and researches federal and state tax matters. Works closely with the Senior Tax Analyst, Tax Manager and the VP of Tax.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Federal and state compliance and analysis including: annual tax returns, quarterly state tax returns and addressing federal and state tax notices. The annual tax returns require coordination with other Home Office departments, fixed asset analysis, communication with dealership controllers, calculation of book/tax differences, creation of workpapers and upload of information into the tax software system (OneSource Income Tax).
- Calculation of components of the tax provision using OneSource Tax Provision software including the provision to return analysis, computation of deferred tax assets/liabilities and other tax provision items as requested by the Financial Reporting department.
- Research federal, state and other tax matters as needed. Maintain current on knowledge of pertinent tax law and assist dealerships and Home Office departments with any tax issues that arise.
- Federal and state tax compliance experience, OneSource Income Tax software skills, OneSource Tax Provision software skills, SAGE fixed asset software skills, communication, teamwork and time-management skills, detail-oriented mindset, problem solver and strong analytical abilities.
- Two to Three years corporate tax experience.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.