Find Your Job
Automotive Buyer / Trade Appraiser - Virtual in Charlotte, NC at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 1/12/2022
Charlotte, NC 28211
At Sonic Automotive, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
Sonic Automotive is looking to hire an Automotive Buyer to work in our Retail Trade Center. The position is based out of Charlotte, NC but is currently work from home. Our Buyers, called an Inventory Consultant will ensure the timely valuation, processing, and intra-Company trading of all Sonic Automotive used vehicle inventory. The Inventory Consultant supports retail dealership operations across the Sonic Automotive network with hours spanning 9 AM Eastern time through 9 PM Pacific time including weekends and holidays. Trade Center Operations require working well in a fast-paced team environment and being effective as a self-starter working individually as needs dictate.
What you'll be doing:
- Utilize Sonic Automotive automated inventory management system.
- Understand market trends and changes to trends in all geographic markets.
- Provide training, guidance and support to dealership Associates in the function of Trade Center Operations, and communicates the role TCO plays in improved used vehicle profitability.
- Develop effective working relationships with dealership, Regional and home office Associates to accelerate the placement of ideal inventory in an expeditious and cost effective manner.
What we are looking for:
- Solid understanding of the retail and wholesale automobile sales processes.
- Bachelor’s degree, business discipline preferred.
- Competent with web-based research tools and the Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent analytical and valuation skills, with a strong process orientation.
- Excellent time management and commitment to deadlines.
- Minimum 2-years of wholesale or retail automotive purchasing experience preferred.
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced digital environment.
What we offer:
- Strong compensation with bonus incentives averaging $60,000-$80,000 based on experience.
- Work-life balance and currently work from home
- Full benefits including health, dental, vision and 401k with company match
- Growth opportunities and a fun place to work
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.