Find Your Job
Internal Auditor in Charlotte, NC at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 1/10/2022
Charlotte, NC 28211
We are hiring an internal auditor to join our Internal Audit department. This position is REMOTE, so you do not need to live in Charlotte, NC to apply. The department has a great culture with a focus on delivering value to key stakeholders throughout the company.
Under general supervision, the Internal Auditor performs operational, compliance, financial, and investigative audits of intermediate complexity and provides management advisory services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develops audit plans and performs initial and follow-up audits in accordance with professional standards.
· Conducts exit meetings to dealership/regional management upon completion of audit field work.
· Evaluates audit findings; prepares and presents the results of audit work and recommendations to management in the form of written communications.
· Coordinates and interacts with dealership personnel, executive management, and external auditors as needed.
· May supervise and/or lead other staff.
· Keeps abreast of Sonic policies and procedures, current developments in accounting and auditing professions, and changes in local, state, and federal laws, as applicable.
· Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
· Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor
· Bachelor's degree with 2+ years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
· Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
· Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley and risk as it relates to internal controls.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to effectively communicate accounting information, policies, and/or procedures in a manner easily understood by the appropriate individuals.
· Spreadsheet software skills to quantify and illustrate routine financial reports, comparisons, impacts, and/or projections.
· Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
· Ability to analyze processes and make recommendations for improvements.
· Ability to analyze and solve problems.
· Ability to supervise and train assigned staff.
· All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA
· All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner
· All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, credit report, and valid driver license
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.