Find Your Job
Tag and Title Specialist in Houston, TX at EchoPark Automotive
Date Posted: 9/8/2021
Houston, TX 77088
EchoPark Automotive is one of the fastest growing brands within the automotive industry. We are building a business based on doing things the right way. From the way we treat our guests, take pride in our work and share opportunities for our employees to grow as we grow. We are proud of what we're doing here and would love to tell you about our opportunities!
EchoPark Automotive is looking to hire a Title Specialist for our store in Houston, Texas. The primary responsibilities include processing car deals, verifies costs for the accounting department, including the costs of reconditioning and equipment add-ons, and handles the legal transfer of documents for the Department of Motor Vehicles. This position starts at $16.00/hr or more based on experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes all vehicles for registration in the state in which they will be titled.
- Prepares tax and title documents.
- Submits all legal transfer work to the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Verifies that funds have been collected and the correct lien holder paid off before processing title applications.
- Checks for accuracy in the application and ensures that all information is complete.
- Prepares payoff checks for new vehicles and trade-ins.
- Bills out all dealer trades and prepares Certificates of Origin.
- Maintains a system to verify out-of-state titles.
- Compiles and maintains a complete list of all outstanding title work. Reports to management on the status of any missing or problem titles and provides a current list of outstanding titles to the comptroller at the end of month.
- Signs over titles for all wholesalers who have paid in full. Prepares a monthly report to management of any funds not collected from wholesalers due to missing or incomplete title work.
- Processes/registers all vehicle warranties and extended service contracts, maintaining a log of all contracts processed and mailed.
- Processes yearly renewal of dealer tags in conjunction with comptroller.
- Stays abreast of title regulations. Attends seminars held by local licensing bureaus and any available training on title regulations.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Experience with Automotive Title work
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.