Find Your Job
Accounts Payable Process Analyst-Shared Service in Charlotte, NC at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 8/31/2021
Charlotte, NC 28277
At Sonic Automotive you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
In this new role, the successful applicant will take our Accounts Payable relationships to the next level with some of Sonic Automotive’ s most important partners. The objective is to consolidate and better respond to larger supplier AP inquiries and actively partner with our Sourcing team to move suppliers to our electronic forms of payment and invoicing platforms. This role will have the opportunity to establish new processes that allow us to become stronger partners with our suppliers. In addition, this role will collaborate with internal and external partners to assist with the overall invoice workflow and to establish best practices.
• The Accounts Payable Process Analyst position will have the following responsibilities:
• Serve as primary contact for our larger suppliers and internal managers regarding all aspects of the accounts payable process
• Participate in Process Automation planning as needed to support Sonic’s Automation and Process Improvement initiatives
• Reconciliation and maintenance of supplier statements
• Partner with our Sourcing team and Financial Operations leadership to identify supplier relationships in need of greater support
• Communicate with Dealership leadership as needed to resolve supplier issues
• Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures and management reports
• Assist in optimization of supplier payment methods and utilization of the Coupa Supplier Portal
• Assure compliance to contract terms and work with suppliers and the Sourcing group on any inconsistencies
• Complete daily reconciliation of integrated invoices from the third-party invoicing vendor. Including resolving integration errors and process improvements.
• Ad Hoc Accounts Payable reporting regarding aged invoices, purchase orders and any additional process enhancements
• Assist in other Procure to Pay projects and month end functions as needed
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience within Accounting departments
• Must have strong communication skills for interfacing with suppliers, colleagues, peers and management over email, phone, and video conferencing as needed
• Demonstrated Customer Service mindset
• Ability to work well with internal and external contacts
• Proficient PC skills using Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
• Openness to change and process improvement.
• Must be able to adapt and work in a fast-paced environment.
• 2+ years of Accounts Payable or Procurement experience preferred
• Coupa Experience a plus
• Experience with the CDK Dealer Management System
• Retail automotive experience
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.