Find Your Job
Dealership Controller- Houston TX in Houston, TX at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 7/14/2021
Houston, TX 77014
At a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
The Controller is responsible for exercising sound judgment to make independent discretionary decisions regarding the dealership’s overall financial and office workflow. The Controller is the key dealership executive for managing the accounting task and related policies and procedures at the dealership. The Controller is the business partner to the dealership General Manager and under the direction of the Regional Controller, carries out such policies and responsibilities.
The Controller implements controls to ensure compliance with the Company’s policies. The Controller directs the office staff to ensure timely completion and accuracy of assigned tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide support to all departments to produce increased revenue, control expenses; contribute to customer satisfaction and excellent associate satisfaction.
• Ensure that the accounting records are maintained in an orderly, current and accurate condition at all times.
• Ensure that all Company policies are communicated and followed.
• Maintain internal controls to ensure compliance with company policies.
• Recruit, supervise and develop dealership office personnel.
• Audit the balance sheets and schedules regularly and address any possible problems while keeping Regional Controller informed of problems and potential liabilities.
• Assist operations with dealership forecasting and budgeting.
• Ensure timely completion of all financial statements, monthly work papers and reports, and resolve any issues.
• Prepare reconciliation of all dealership balance sheet accounts and purify reconciling items every month.
• Review every schedule in the dealership every month and make necessary corrections.
• Ensure that the DOC is prepared daily in a timely manner and is accurate.
• 1-4 years of Dealership Controller Experience preferably with a public company
• Leadership/Organization skills to manage 2 Business Offices-Mentoring and Coaching skills required
• Operational knowledge to partner with Dealership Management and Corporate/Regional Teams
• Engagement with high level communication skills that connect with teammates and build strong relationships
• Experienced in executing SOX controls effectively plus providing training and support with the staff on SOX requirements
• Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Annual Forecasting, Budgeting and Strategic Planning for all areas of the business
• Month End, Quarter End and Calendar Year End Closing for efficiency, timeliness and accuracy
• CapEx analysis and return analysis
• Advanced Excel and Platform applications knowledge
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.