Find Your Job
Search and Digital Marketing Manager in Lowell, NC at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 6/21/2021
Lowell, NC 28098
At Sonic Automotive, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
The Search and Digital Marketing Manager will be responsible for working within Sonic’s digital marketing platform to develop strategies and execute those strategies for Sonic Automotive’s dealerships. This role will include being the subject matter expert on the SEO industry and lead be responsible for the design, execution, and measurement of organic search strategy.
The digital marketing manager will work closely with
- Key internal and external omni-channel tools to design, execute, and monitor/measure the performance of stores & campaigns across digital & social channels
- Consult on and execute a website and organic strategy in alignment with a stores goals, producing meaningful performance results.
- Internal and external digital channel managers (e.g. Regional Marketing Managers, social, CRM, paid search, websites & website content, and 3rd party programs) to set strategy and then optimize the performance of each channel to drive lead generation sufficient to achieve sales & service targets
- Leadership teams to set and measure retail website goals, sales, budget expectations, and overall multi-channel digital marketing strategy & performance
- Develop optimization strategies that increase the company's search engine results rankings & subsequent dealer website traffic
- Define and measure core KPIs and goals that demonstrate improvement in search marketing efforts
- Optimize dealer websites and organic visibility to drive conversion and to synchronize online and offline marketing to/on the website.
- Develop and implement sustainable strategies to drive incremental growth in quality traffic & conversions from dealership websites, search marketing (paid and organic) , Social Media, CRM, etc
- Drives organic visibility via website optimizations, link building strategies and utilization of 3rd party tools (ie: GMB, Google Search Console)
- Develop and maintain working relationships with the Brand Marketing Managers to ensure alignment to business needs
- Measure and report on all key metrics associated with owned digital marketing campaigns
- Pro-actively identify digital marketing traffic opportunities to drive sales and service quality traffic to the Sonic dealerships.
- Track site & page level analytics data and recommend strategy/approach improvements to content, digital campaigns, targeting, ad copy, etc…
- Improving the usability, design, content, and conversion rate of all retail websites
- Evaluate customer research, market conditions and competitor data and incorporate into sustainable digital strategies
Knowledge, skills, abilities required:
- 2-3 years of experience successfully developing and executing local SEO campaigns on and off site
- 3+ years of general digital marketing experience, with a clear history of success in digital campaign creation & execution
- SEO Specialist will have in-depth knowledge of keyword research, SEO copywriting and the behaviors of search engines
- Stay on the forefront of the continuously evolving SEO landscape, and presenting to management key initiatives to drive performance gains or avoid performance declines
- Deep understanding of SEO principles and experience in managing performance
- Strong understanding of automotive retail specific and general current online marketing concepts, strategy, and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in marketing, business management, or related field. Equivalent experience will be considered
- Highly organized, task and detailed oriented, with Strong written and oral communications
- Ability to analyze and interpret data effectively
- Base understanding of HTML5 and ability to edit basic code
- Certifications and/or experience with paid and organic search, social marketing strategies, and supporting technology. Such as Search Console, Google My Business, Facebook, as well as the major search engine(s) and products: Google Analytics, Adwords, GTM, Bing Ads, TrueView, etc.
- Prior experience with search tools like SEM Rush, Screaming Frog, etc
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.