Find Your Job
Compensation Specialist in Charlotte, NC at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 5/13/2021
Charlotte, NC 28211
At Sonic Automotive, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
The Compensation Specialist is responsible for day to day operational aspects of Compensation (Total Rewards) programs to include program and data analysis, reward plan documentation, compensation plan calculations and verification, and associated employee communications. Areas of responsibility will include full range of compensation plans.
Job Summary: Administers one or more organizational compensation programs.
· Assists with processing various pay plan calculations, including payments associated with commission
or incentive compensation plans, verifying for accuracy and completeness and maintains records of
· Works with various internal teams to develop or modify pay plans.
· Assists in determining eligibility for participation in compensation programs, such as annual incentive,
commission, or merit increase plans.
· Assists in monitoring company programs for compliance with federal, state, and local legislation.
· Works closely with Payroll Department, HR, Finance and various other internal teams and may
provide information to vendors.
· Maintains daily workflow notifications, distribution lists and pay plan logs.
Experience and Education:
· Performs work independently with some direct supervision. Must be adept at problem solving, referring more complex issues to higher-level staff. Must possess end-to-end working knowledge of payroll matters.
· Associates degree in related area preferred with up to 3-years of financial or payroll experience. Experience with Oracle Fusion HRIS system preferred.
Reports to: Compensation Manager
· Advanced Excel skills
· Excellent attention to detail
· Analytical thinking skill
· Mathematical skills
· Oral and written communication skills
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.