Find Your Job
Instructional Designer in Charlotte, NC at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 4/26/2021
Charlotte, NC 28211
Sonic Automotive is a Fortune 500 company that is transforming the way people shop for, buy and service their vehicles. Our talented team work together to ensure we provide an experience unmatched by our competitors.
Our associates are happy to work here because:
- We boast the lowest turnover in the industry.
- We provide award winning training (Training Magazine Top 125, and Brandon Hall Awards).
- We are committed to developing and promoting within the company.
- We are technology based - most jobs use IPads or IPhones that we provide.
- Our benefits are extremely competitive with Medical, dental, vision, HSA, 401k and PTO.
- We encourage peer to peer teamwork and recognition.
- Special benefits to purchasing and leasing a car.
- Personal Automotive Concierge Service.
If you want to find out more about the types of jobs we have here, we've highlighted a few.
We're proud of what we're doing here. Come and join us!
$70 - $80K + Bonus
- Design and develop learning solutions that address root cause issues to drive business performance
· Build and execute a training design plan based on learner needs and performance objectives
- Adhere to instructional design and development standards and best practices
· Design a variety of instructional materials for traditional instructor-led courses, online programs, web-based learning modules, and performance support aids
· Devise modes of assessment, such as tests or quizzes, to measure the effectiveness of the course
- Develop eLearning courses using Articulate Storyline, Articulate Rise, Camtasia, Vyond, and Adobe Creative Suite
· Remain aware of all emerging instructional technologies and make recommendations to offer the best learning experience possible.
- Develop high quality, visually pleasing courses by including the integration of images, fonts and other graphic elements. (A portfolio demonstrating your skills is required to be submitted).
- Develop detailed project plans using online project management software to manage the customization and creation of eLearning courses
- Execute projects according to agreed upon deadlines and milestones
· Maintain project documentation and course folders
· Build relationships with key cross-functional partners to understand how your content is being received and engaged within market and take action based on feedback
- Regularly evaluate the effectiveness of learning solutions and make necessary updates and changes as needed
Skills & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, master’s degree in instructional design, educational technology or similar relevant field preferred
· Minimum 3-5 years of experience in designing facilitated training and online curriculum development
· In-depth knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
· Demonstrated experience in the following tools: Articulate Storyline, Rise, Camtasia, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop)
· Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio and video scripts
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Working knowledge of project management and ability to apply it to work assignments
· Flexible mindset and agile approach to deliverables
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to collaborate and work effectively as part of a team
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.