Find Your Job
Human Resource Center Specialist in Charlotte, NC at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 4/6/2021
Charlotte, NC 28277
At Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
The Human Resources Specialist is responsible for providing human resources support to our managers, associates and benefit vendor partners. The role will obtain and provide requested information for recruiting, on-boarding and other transactional processes. This role will collaborate with management and associates to resolve, refer or escalate issues in accordance with company policies and guidelines.
• Serve as primary contact for manager requests for requisitions and applicant status updates
• Support managers in the recruitment process by assisting in all aspects of the employee life cycle to include screening, job offers, onboarding of new hires, pay changes and status changes
• Conduct all company pre-employment processes including background checks, reference checks, and drug testing
• Coordinate company drug testing program (i.e., monthly random and post-accident)
• Coordinate the rehire/transfer process in accordance with company policy and ensure proper documentation is provided.
• Serves as associate resource by providing answers for day to day employee inquiries such as policies related to leave and vacation
• Provide guidance to associates and managers on navigation and use of HRIS systems
• Conduct transactional processing in HRIS
• Respond to unemployment claims and verification of employment inquiries
• Professionally and accurately respond to written and oral inquiries from associates and managers.
• Maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- At least 2 years of Human Resources experience preferably in a call center environment
- Human Resource Certification
- In-depth generalist understanding of HR practices
- Excellent customer service skills
- Detail oriented with excellent follow through
- Ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal exchanges
- Experience with Smart Recruiter, Oracle Fusion
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.