Find Your Job
Vice President of Pricing and Merchandising - Automotive in Arlington, TX at EchoPark Automotive
Date Posted: 2/19/2021
Arlington, TX 76018
EchoPark Automotive is one of the fastest growing brands within the automotive industry. We are building a business based on doing things the right way. From the way we treat our guests, take pride in our work and share opportunities for our employees to grow as we grow. We are proud of what we're doing here and would love to tell you about our opportunities!
EchoPark Automotive is looking for a Vice President of Pricing and Merchandising located in Arlington, Texas.
Primary Objectives: This position exists to achieve the front end gross profit and sales volume targets of the company through optimizing team member engagement and developing the analysis and management systems for vehicle pricing and merchandising
Measures of Success
- Recruit, onboard, integrate, develop and retain top talent who can meet the required pricing and merchandising targets.
- Ability to design, implement and manage a pricing strategy that meets or exceeds company front end margin and aging targets.
- Develop a culture of team-based learning by modeling our EchoPark core values, driving our mission of “together we grow”, and driving accountability, ownership and discipline.
- Develop structured analysis to identify pricing opportunities across all EchoPark retail locations.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Craft Dynamic Pricing and Sales Models and Strategy
- Contribute to the continuing development of the pricing strategy to help the company achieve its sales, gross profit.
- Maintain and develop pricing models in partnership with VP Dealer Operations
- Develop and manage pricing models
- Age, Mileage, Options, Color, Mix
- Inventory Aging
- Provide structured analysis and support to the purchasing department on inventory replenishment, vehicle aging and sales.
Develop & Manage Product Merchandising
- Develop and manage the team to ensure all vehicles are merchandised 100% accurately and in time for release from recon.
- Manage and review the Echo Park Inventory on all 3rd party web sites to ensure 100% accuracy
- Develop operational processes to optimize merchandising
Develop and Manage Product Pricing
- Develop and manage the team to ensure all vehicles are priced 100% accurately and in time for release from recon.
- Regularly review pricing to ensure achievement of front end gross and sales targets in all markets
- Develop operational processes to optimize pricing
- Conduct on-going analysis to identify aging risk and opportunities to optimize price and profit.
Lead the Team
- Build a cohesive team that lives and embraces the culture of the company and tackles business problems as a team rather than with individual heroism
- Recruit and develop team members as required
- “Clear the path” (remove obstacles) for each member of the department
- Serve as a source of communication to ensure team are clear on company direction
- Support and drive a team environment where people are engaged in continuous daily learning and game-filming.
- Serve as an onsite feedback loop as to “what is really happening” within pricing and merchandizing
- Increasing automotive industry leadership roles, culminating in successful senior level automotive pricing and merchandising positions, and/or Regional/General Manager experience for the last 5+ years.
- Rising star career stage. Critical mass of experience.
- Expert understanding of research, data analytics, and pricing modeling. Must be able to develop actionable intelligent analyses backed by quantitative data that guides strategic business decisions.
- Proven experience in a fast-paced and high-change growth environment.
- Experienced in assessing and improving people performance through effective coaching and high levels of accountability.
- Excellent written and oral executive communication skills. Senior leader with high energy, high standards, and executive presence.
- Ability to be vulnerable and open to learning.
- Senior level automotive pricing experience a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.