Find Your Job
Automotive Sales Associate - Classic Buick GMC Cadillac in Montgomery, AL at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 10/17/2020
Montgomery, AL 36117
At Classic Buick GMC Cadillac, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
Our sale professionals are responsible for selling vehicles and meeting dealership gross profit, volume and customer satisfaction standards. This position includes four broad areas of activity: personal work habits, prospecting, selling, and follow-up.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Realize that business is built on customer satisfaction and devote himself/herself to guarantee satisfaction of customers.
- Determine each customer’s vehicle needs by asking questions and listening.
- Demonstrate vehicles (includes test drives).
- Deliver vehicles to customers. The delivery process ensures that the customer understands the vehicle’s operating features, warranty, and paperwork, and it lays the foundation for customer loyalty.
- Establish personal income goals that are consistent with dealership standards of productivity and devise a strategy to meet those goals.
- Report to the vehicle Sales Manager regarding objectives, planned activities, reviews, and analyses.
- Keep abreast of incoming inventory, features, accessories, etc., and how they benefit customers.
- Work with the service department and body shop to ensure that vehicles are reconditioned as expected and on schedule.
- Attend sales meetings and training offered by the dealership and the manufacturer.
- Maintain a prospect development system.
- Maintain an owner follow-up system that encourages repeat and referral business.
- Review and analyze actions at the end of each day, week, month, and year to determine how to better utilize time and plan more effectively.
- Understand the terminology of the automobile business and keep abreast of technological changes in the product.
- Know and understand equity and values and be able to explain depreciation to the customer.
- Know and understand the federal, state, and local laws which govern retail auto sales.
- Introduce customers to service department personnel to emphasize to them the quality and efficiency of service repairs and maintenance available in the dealership’s service department.
- Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Valid in-state driver’s license.
- Professional personal appearance.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to sell a minimum quota according to dealership standards.
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA.
- All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner.
- All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, credit report, and valid driver's license.
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.