Find Your Job
Body Shop Paint Prep/Polisher - BodyWorks - BMW of Denver Downtown in Denver, CO at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 10/27/2022
Denver, CO 80231
At BodyWorks - Powered by BMW of Denver Downtown & Mercedes-Benz of Denver, Sonic Automotive family dealerships, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
The Collision Center Painter refinishes damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles in accordance with factory and dealership quality specifications and time standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Operates and uses all body shop equipment properly and safely
· Removes rust from metal, and grease and dirt from work surface.
· Masks and protects parts that are not to be painted or coated.
· Fills cavities and dents with putty to attain smooth surface.
· Mixes paint according to specifications.
· Selects and mixes coating liquid to produce desired color.
· Paints surface using sprayer or brush as appropriate.
· Inspects painted units for quality of workmanship, noting any runs, sags, and unpainted areas.
· Heats and sprays wax onto products after they are tested.
· Maintains tools and keeps equipment clean and in a proper state of repair.
· Keeps work area clean.
· Maintains and wears all required safety and health personal protective equipment, including respirator, in the manner recommended by the equipment manufacturer.
· Complies with all laws and regulations pertaining to paint, thinners, and other hazardous materials. Reports any deviations to management.
· Cooperates and assists other personnel in the repair and prepping of vehicles.
· Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations that affect body shop operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
·High school diploma or equivalent.
·ASE certification preferred.
·At least two years automotive experience.
·All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA
·All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner
·All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, credit report, and valid driver license
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.