Find Your Job
Project Coordinator in Charlotte, NC at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 8/9/2022
Charlotte, NC 28211
Sonic Automotive, Inc.
Sonic Automotive is a Fortune 500 company that is transforming the way people shop for, buy and service their vehicles. Our talented team work together to ensure we provide an experience unmatched by our competitors.
Our associates are happy to work here because:
- We boast the lowest turnover in the industry.
- We provide award winning training (Training Magazine Top 125, and Brandon Hall Awards).
- We are committed to developing and promoting within the company.
- We are technology based - most jobs use IPads or IPhones that we provide.
- Our benefits are extremely competitive with Medical, dental, vision, HSA, 401k and PTO.
- We encourage peer to peer teamwork and recognition.
- Special benefits to purchasing and leasing a car.
- Personal Automotive Concierge Service.
If you want to find out more about the types of jobs we have here, we've highlighted a few.
We're proud of what we're doing here. Come and join us!
The Project Coordinator is a key member of the Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO), dedicated to supporting Project Managers that are managing Sonic’s strategic projects and managing implementations. This position works closely with EPMO Project Managers, business sponsors, business process owners, business analysts and other Sonic departments and vendors to complete projects on-time.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Monitoring project progress and creating project status reports for project managers and stakeholders.
- Organizing, attending, and participating in stakeholder meetings.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Managing project management documents such as the project plan, schedule or scope statement, as directed by the project manager.
- Undertaking project tasks as required.
- Developing project strategies.
- Ensuring projects adhere to EPMO frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
- Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
· Strong soft skills – verbal, written, collaboration and team building
· Project management certifications: Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), project management professional (PMP) or similar.
· Bachelor's degree in business or related field of study.
· Three years of experience in a related field.
· Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
· Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Knowledge of file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
· Ability to work on tight deadlines.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.