Find Your Job
Automotive Accounting Specialist in Thornton, CO at EchoPark Automotive
Date Posted: 8/2/2022
Thornton, CO 80229
EchoPark Automotive is one of the fastest growing brands within the automotive industry. We are building a business based on doing things the right way. From the way we treat our guests, take pride in our work and share opportunities for our employees to grow as we grow. We are proud of what we're doing here and would love to tell you about our opportunities!
EchoPark Automotive is looking to add an Accounting Specialist to our team in our dealership located in Thornton, CO. The Accounting Specialist owns the accounts payable function by reviewing, processing, and analyzing the company’s operating expense structure and applying that financial insight and analysis to the monthly close and financial reporting processes.
What You'll Do:
- At all times act as the point of contact for vendors regarding invoicing and payment.
- Review and process invoices for payment.
- Act as a liaison between the store-level business operations group and the Shared Services Center.
- Complete SOX controls as necessary
- Monthly invoice reviews
- Aging Exception analysis
- Bank reconciliation
- Support quarterly and annual audit efforts by performing research and providing documentation as appropriate.
Month-End Close Process
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations and book adjusting journal entries as necessary.
- Provide analyses of expense variances.
- Produce month-end work papers to address specific financial results/metrics to be used as part of the monthly financial reporting package.
- Month-end bank activity analysis
What We're Looking For:
- General accounting knowledge
- Well-versed in using MS Excel
- Commitment to financial prudence and accounting diligence
- A history of success in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (email, web, phone, in-person)
- Automotive experience a PLUS
What We Offer:
- $18- 20 per hour
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with 4% company match
- Paid vacation
- Access to leadership and personal development programs
- Casual dress
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.