Find Your Job
Automotive Technician - Autobahn Motors in Belmont, CA at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 8/2/2022
Belmont, CA 94002
At Autobahn Motors a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support your need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
Our Automotive Technician Compensation and Benefits Package includes:
·Salary: $20 - $50/Hr Flat Rate (Based on experience and certifications)
· Relocation Assistance Available
· Spend your first week on paid vacation (doesn’t count against your vacation Time)
· Zero health Ins Premiums Available (Based on tenure)
· Longevity Bonuses
· 401K with matching
And so much more……
The Automotive Service Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards. They also will oversee the work of any apprentice technician assigned to them.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
· Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
· Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
· Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
· Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
· Notify service advisor immediately if additional work outlined is not needed or required.
· Notify service advisor immediately if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
· Document work performed.
· Road-test vehicles when required or refer to the test technician.
· Supervise work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
· Attend factory-sponsored training classes.
· Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
· Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean.
· Keep shop area neat, clean, and be able to account for all dealership-owned tools at all times.
· Understand and follow federal, state, and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
· Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
ASE or manufacturing training / experience preferred
· Prior automotive repair experience in brand is a plus
· High school diploma or the equivalent.
· Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
· All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA.
· All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, and valid driver license.
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.