Find Your Job
Biller / DMV / Title Clerk - Crown Lexus in Ontario, CA at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 6/14/2022
Ontario, CA 91761
At Crown Lexus, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
Salary: $26 - $28/hr based on experience
Our Title Clerk will be responsible for the processing of all car deals. This includes but not limited to verifying costs for the accounting department, including the costs of reconditioning and equipment add-ons, and handles the legal transfer of documents for the Department of Motor Vehicles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Checks for accuracy in the application and ensures that all information is complete.
- Process contracts and related vehicle sales documentation, ensuring accuracy and timeliness
- Submit and maintain a record of 8300’s
- Maintain new and used car inventory/titles
- Process and submit payoffs for Trade-ins
- Auditing and processes of New/Used DMV
- Prepare tax and title documents
- Submit all legal transfer documents to the DMV
- Schedule Reconciliation
- Various other automotive accounting including the posting of sales contracts, posting of EFT payments, and reconciliation of various schedule
- Verifies that funds have been collected and the correct lien holder paid off before processing title applications.
- Prepares payoff checks for new vehicles and trade-ins
- Bills out all dealer trades and prepares Certificates of Origin
- Maintains a system to verify out-of-state titles
- Signs over titles for all wholesalers who have paid in full. Prepares a monthly report to management of any funds not collected from wholesalers due to missing or incomplete title work
- Compiles and maintains a complete list of all outstanding title work. Reports to management on the status of any missing or problem titles and provides a current list of outstanding titles to the comptroller at the end of month
- Processes/registers all vehicle warranties and extended service contracts, maintaining a log of all contracts processed and mailed
- Processes yearly renewal of dealer tags in conjunction with controller
- Cross-trains others to handle title clerk daily responsibilities
- Minimum 2-year Dealership Office Experience
- Knowledge of dealership accounting practices
- CDK/AVRS experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to stay focused and manage priorities
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- Valid drivers license and a good driving record.
- Manual dexterity.
- Good Judgment
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA
- All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner
- All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, credit report, and valid driver license
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.