Find Your Job
Senior Project Manager EPMO in Charlotte, NC at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 6/4/2022
Charlotte, NC 28211
Sonic Automotive, Inc.
Sonic Automotive is a Fortune 500 company that is transforming the way people shop for, buy and service their vehicles. Our talented team work together to ensure we provide an experience unmatched by our competitors.
Our associates are happy to work here because:
- We boast the lowest turnover in the industry.
- We provide award winning training (Training Magazine Top 125, and Brandon Hall Awards).
- We are committed to developing and promoting within the company.
- We are technology based - most jobs use IPads or IPhones that we provide.
- Our benefits are extremely competitive with Medical, dental, vision, HSA, 401k and PTO.
- We encourage peer to peer teamwork and recognition.
- Special benefits to purchasing and leasing a car.
- Personal Automotive Concierge Service.
If you want to find out more about the types of jobs we have here, we've highlighted a few.
We're proud of what we're doing here. Come and join us!
The Senior Project Manager is a key member of the Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO), dedicated to managing strategic projects for Sonic Automotive and EchoPark Automotive. This position works closely with executive and business sponsors, business process owners, business analysts and other Sonic departments and vendors to complete projects on-time and within budget.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
· Active participation in the following:
o Organizing and leading project team meetings
o Reporting project status to the Director, EPMO and executive leadership
o Change management
- Manage multiple ecommerce development and other technical projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
· Manages project scope outlined by the business sponsor and business process owner.
· Facilitates team meetings and working sessions.
· Able to work independently and within cross-functional teams.
· Able to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
· Able to communicate status, changes, and issues to stakeholders.
· Able to develop solutions, in conjunction with project stakeholders, meet changing demands and expectations of the project and team.
· Able to identify project risks and develop and communicate risk mitigation strategies to the project team and executive leadership.
· Ability to coach and mentor stakeholders on project management methodology.
· Drive collaboration across multi-disciplinary teams.
· The desired candidate will have experience as a Senior Project Manager for the development of an eCommerce or web product from start to finish.
- Familiarity with eCommerce platforms and applications is highly desired.
· Strong verbal, written, collaboration and team building skills.
· Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of Project Management experience, including experience managing at the program level.
· Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is required.
· Problem solver with the initiative to think critically to identify improvement opportunities.
· Demonstrated ability to organize, coordinate, and execute on details, while keeping the big picture in sight.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple, concurrent projects.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams and as an individual contributor.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.