Find Your Job
Assistant Controller - Automotive in Thornton, CO at EchoPark Automotive
Date Posted: 4/13/2022
Thornton, CO 80229
EchoPark Automotive is the fastest growing and most comprehensive nearly new automotive retail brand in America today. Our aggressive plan is to cover 90% of the U.S. by 2025 to reach 90% of the population with the most unique business model and utilization of one of the most innovative technology-enabled sales strategies. This approach provides a personalized and preferred, guest-centric buying process that has been proven out by consistently delivering award-winning guest-focused experiences and superior value to car buyers nationwide with an average savings up to $3,000 over the competition. EchoPark is set to be the #1 in near-new/pre-owned 1-4-year-old vehicle sales by 2025 and already making its mark by earning the 2021 Consumer Satisfaction Award, creation of new Owner Experience Centers, development of all-new online shopping technology and a focus to grow the brand. EchoPark’s mission is in its name, Every Car deserves a Happy Owner. This drives all they do, differentiates itself from the competition, and has them focused to redefine the category for their guests. More information about EchoPark Automotive can be found at www.echopark.com
EchoPark is looking to hire an Assistant Controller for our dealership in Thornton, Colorado. The Assistant Controller at EchoPark is responsible for the accurate representation of the financial condition of the dealership, developing controls necessary for the proper conduct of the business, maintaining accurate records, and establishing and maintaining the data processing capabilities to accomplish the dealership’s objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Controller with the preparation of complete financial statement and ensure it is submitted in a timely manner each month.
- Interpret and analyze the financial statement continually.
- Supervise office staff, including receptionists and cashiers.
- Keep the Controller informed about the trends and the cash needs of the business.
- Review journal entries and approve any adjustments to inventory, COS, and expense accounts.
- Prepare and process all workmen’s comp and other insurance claims.
- Coordinate and prepare month-end reconciliations for all accounts and physical inventories.
- Maintain and post standard monthly entries.
- Set up the fixed asset and prepaid asset accounts.
- Work with office staff to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks.
- Assist in preparation for annual internal and/or external audits. Provide auditors with requested information; follow-up on any items that need correction.
- Complete end-of-month accounting reports.
- Calculate and reconcile depreciation expenses monthly.
- Set up and maintain accruals for expenses, e.g. advertising, insurance, professional expenses.
- Run and review expense trend reports monthly.
- Provide back-up for cashier and receptionist as needed.
- Must follow all company safety policies and procedures and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
- Accounting degree or commensurate experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Two years of experience in a dealership office position.
- Working knowledge of dealership financial statements.
- Ability to explain technical financial information in an understandable manner.
- Excellent communication skills.
What We Offer:
- $70,000-90,000 per year based on experience
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with 4% company match
- Paid vacation
- Access to leadership and personal development programs
- Casual dress
You can read more about our organization and our exciting growth at www.echopark.com.