Find Your Job
Accounting Clerk in Hurst, TX at EchoPark Automotive
Date Posted: 10/1/2021
Hurst, TX 76053
EchoPark Automotive is one of the fastest growing brands within the automotive industry. We are building a business based on doing things the right way. From the way we treat our guests, take pride in our work and share opportunities for our employees to grow as we grow. We are proud of what we're doing here and would love to tell you about our opportunities!
Momentum Alfa Romeo Maserati is looking to hire an Accounting Clerk to assist with the business office operations in our dealership in Hurst, Texas.
Primary Purpose: This position exists to own the accounts payable function by reviewing, processing, and analyzing the company’s operating expense structure and applying that financial insight and analysis to the monthly close and financial reporting processes.
Accounting Clerk Key Roles & Responsibilities
- At all times act as the point of contact for vendors regarding invoicing and payment.
- Review and process and invoices for payment.
- Act as a liaison between the store-level business operations group and the Shared Services Center.
Month-End Close Process
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations and book adjusting journal entries as necessary.
- Provide analyses of expense variances.
- Produce month-end workpapers to address specific financial results/metrics to be used as part of the monthly financial reporting package.
Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and Other Accounting Responsibilities
- Complete SOX controls as necessary including:
- Monthly invoice reviews
- Month-end bank activity analysis
- Aging Exception analysis
- Bank reconciliation
- Support quarterly and annual audit efforts by performing research and providing documentation as appropriate.
- Strong general accounting knowledge
- Well versed in using MS Excel
- Commitment to financial prudence and accounting diligence
- A history of success in a team environment
- Ability to utilize technology and programs to drive efficiency and stay current with our technology training
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (email, web, phone, in-person)
- Strong, creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to take initiative and think critically to identify improvement opportunities
- Ability to take ownership of the details – large and small
- Decision making that demonstrates good judgment
- Clean motor vehicle record and criminal background record
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.