Find Your Job
Automotive Technician- Pensacola Honda in Pensacola, FL at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 6/3/2021
Pensacola, FL 32505
At Pensacola Honda, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
Pensacola Honda has a lot to offer a career-minded Technician:
Health Care - $0 Health Insurance Premiums available based on tenure for Technicians
Culture – Our shop has a very supportive culture with a team of tenured technicians
Environment - Climate controlled work environment with state of the art HVAC and the protocols to insure a safe and healthy environment including – Touch/Contact free vehicle drop off service.
Paid training- Sonic was named to Training Magazine’s Hall of Fame!
Customer Traffic – Like a well-oiled machine, this shop has the customer traffic and customer reviews (4.5 on both Google and Facebook) to build a great career and income.
Latest equipment – As a Sonic Premier Dealership and part of a Fortune 500 company, Pensacola Honda boasts one of the best equipped Service Departments in the area.
The Automotive Service Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards. S/he also will oversee the work of any apprentice technician assigned to him/her.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Receive repair orders from dispatcher and take to stall area.
· Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
· Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
· Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
· Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
· Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
· Notify service advisor immediately if additional work outlined is not needed or required.
· Notify service advisor immediately if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
· Document work performed.
· Road-test vehicles when required or refer to the test technician, keeping in mind that the customer vehicle should not be used for personal errands.
· Supervise work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
· Attend factory-sponsored training classes.
· Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
· Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean.
· Keep shop area neat, clean, and be able to account for all dealership-owned tools at all times.
· Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
· Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
· High CSI is a must.
· ASE or manufacturing training.
· High school diploma or the equivalent.
· Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
· Manual dexterity.
· Good Judgment.
· All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA.
· All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner.
· All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, and valid driver license.
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.