Find Your Job
Business Controller - Automotive in Henderson, NV at EchoPark Automotive
Date Posted: 5/28/2021
Henderson, NV 89014
EchoPark Automotive is one of the fastest growing brands within the automotive industry. We are building a business based on doing things the right way. From the way we treat our guests, take pride in our work and share opportunities for our employees to grow as we grow. We are proud of what we're doing here and would love to tell you about our opportunities!
EchoPark Automotive is looking for a Controller at our brand-new store in Henderson, Nevada. Our newest location is scheduled to open in August 2021. This location will mark our 31st location across 15 states, and it will be a huge part of our march toward 100,000 vehicles sold in 2021.
The Controller serves as a business partner to the General Manager and reports to the Sr. Controller. The Controller is the key dealership executive for managing the accounting function and all related policies and procedures at the store level. He/she must exercise sound judgment to make independent, discretionary decisions regarding the dealership’s financial and office workflow. The Controller must implement and execute controls to ensure compliance with the Company’s policies and applicable SOX regulation. The Controller directs the office staff to ensure timely completion and accuracy of assigned tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to all departments to help drive revenue, control expenses, and contribute to a premier guest experience.
- Cultivate a second-to-none- culture that creates meaning and satisfaction for all EchoPark teammates
- Ensure that the accounting records are maintained in an orderly, current and accurate condition at all times.
- Ensure that all Company policies are communicated and followed.
- Maintain internal controls to ensure compliance with company policies and applicable regulations.
- Recruit, supervise and develop business operations personnel.
- Audit the balance sheets and schedules regularly and address any possible problems while keeping the Sr. Controller informed of problems and potential liabilities.
- Assist operations with dealership forecasting and budgeting.
- Ensure timely completion of all financial statements, monthly work papers and reports.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and clear reconciling items every month.
- Review every schedule in the dealership every month and make necessary corrections.
- Create timely and accurate DOC forecasts.
- Accounting degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 years’ experience managing the accounting function and leading the accounting staff of an automotive dealership.
- Outstanding written, verbal and presentation-based communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, forecasting and budgeting skills.
- Experience with dealership management computer systems (CDK preferred).
- Very strong computer skills, particularly with Excel and the Microsoft office suite.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.