Find Your Job
Shop Forman - Crown Lexus in Ontario, CA at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 5/12/2021
Ontario, CA 91761
Crown Lexus, Sonic Automotive is one of the fastest growing brands within the automotive industry. We are building a business based on doing things the right way. From the way we treat our guests, take pride in our work and share opportunities for our employees to grow as we grow. We are proud of what we're doing here and would love to tell you about our opportunities!
The Automotive Shop Manager is responsible to develop business through insurance adjusters, customers and other sources to assure an adequate sales volume, provide a reasonable department operating profit and maintain customer satisfaction, while controlling expenses.
· The Automotive Shop Manager directs the activities of Automotive Shop employees in performing body repairs, meeting time schedules and productivity levels and maintaining quality standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Forecast goals and objectives for the department and strive to meet them.
· Assisting (not training) technician mechanics in performing technical activities.
· Diagnoses and repairs to specifications – brake and hydraulic, exhaust, primary and/or advanced fuel ignition and electrical, suspension and alignment, air conditioning and computer systems.
· Adequately explains technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include employees and customers on an as-required basis.
· Continuously learns new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology.
· Understand, keep abreast of and comply with federal, state and local regulations that affect Automotive Shop operations such as hazardous waste disposal, right-to-know and environmental updates.
· Attend managers meetings.
· Strive for team-work with other departments.
· Provides technical assistance to mechanical shop department employees.
· Monitors automotive shop department employees' payroll records.
· Coordinates a prompt, efficient, and timely flow of paperwork.
· Monitors daily reports such as DOE, DOC, and sales productivity.
· Develops sales promotions.
· Takes advantage of all manufacturers' inventory co-op advertising.
· Develops, enforces, and monitors guidelines for working with customers to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
· Handles customer complaints immediately and according to the dealership's guidelines.
· Ensures that all department purchases are properly accounted for before payment is made.
· Assists in the collection of past-due accounts
· Enforce safety requirements.
· Hire, train, motivate, counsel and monitor the performance of all mechanical shop staff
· Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor. Automotive Shop Manager
· Requires STRONG electrical and diagnostic skills.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
· 5+ years of automotive mechanical diagnosis
· One year supervisory experience.
· Working knowledge of Dealership Management computer systems (ADP; Reynolds & Reynolds) and applications relevant to Automotive Shop operations.
· Problem-solving and repair experience
· Highly motivated and energetic
· Excellent communication and managerial skills.
· Valid drivers license and good driving record.
· Professional personal appearance
· All applicants must be authorized to work
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.