Find Your Job
Automotive Technician- Lone Star Chevrolet in Houston, TX at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 4/30/2021
Houston, TX 77065
At Lone Star Chevrolet, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. We are committed to your success and investing in your training and future growth. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Lone Star Chevrolet and Sonic Automotive
The Automotive Service Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards. S/he also will oversee the work of any apprentice technician assigned to him/her.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Receive repair orders from dispatcher.
· Perform service and repairs as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
· Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
· Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
· Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
· Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
· Notify service advisor immediately if additional work outlined is not needed or required.
· Notify service advisor immediately if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
· Document work performed.
· Road-test vehicles when required.
· Attend factory-sponsored training classes.
· Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
· Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean.
· Help Keep shop area and your work area clean.
· Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations.
· Follow company safety policies and procedures.
Immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
· High CSI is a must.
· ASE or manufacturing training.
· Technicial Training School graduation.
· Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
· Manual dexterit4-6 years of autommotive repair experience.
· Dealership repair experience not required
· All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA.
· Applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, and valid driver license.
Make the most important move of your career. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.