Find Your Job
Automotive Diesel Technician - Ron Craft Cadillac and Chevrolet in Baytown, TX at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 4/28/2021
Baytown, TX 77523
At Ron Craft Chevrolet Cadillac, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. We are committed to your success and invested in your future. Read on, and consider a rewarding career with Ron Craft Chevrolet Cadillac and Sonic Automotive, Inc.
The Automotive Service Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Receive repair orders from dispatcher..
· Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy,
· Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
· Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
· Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
· Notify service advisor immediately if additional work needed or required.
· Notify service advisor immediately if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
· Document work performed.
· Road-test vehicles when required.
· Attend factory-sponsored training classes.
· Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
· Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean.
· Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
· Follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
· High CSI is a must.
· ASE and manufacturing training.
· 1-3 years of dealership automotive repair experience
· Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
Graduation from an approved Technician Training program.
· All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA.
· All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner.
· All applicants must be able to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, and valid driver license.
Earn up to $30-$40 per flat rate hour depending on applicants certifications and experience. It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.