Find Your Job
Vice President of Purchasing - Automotive in Arlington, TX at EchoPark Automotive
Date Posted: 2/17/2021
Arlington, TX 76018
EchoPark Automotive is one of the fastest growing brands within the automotive industry. We are building a business based on doing things the right way. From the way we treat our guests, take pride in our work and share opportunities for our employees to grow as we grow. We are proud of what we're doing here and would love to tell you about our opportunities!
EchoPark Automotive is looking for a Vice President of Purchasing based out of Arlington, Texas.
Primary Purpose: To direct the automotive purchasing and inventory management for all EchoPark stores and ensure the optimal balance is maintained at each retail location to achieve sales, quality, gross profit, and growth targets. To recruit, develop and manage a highly motivated team and to develop and evolve highly effective systems and data analytics.
Measures of Success
- Ability to effectively manage a purchasing strategy that meets or exceeds company margin targets while maintaining optimal inventory mix at EchoPark retail stores and limiting inventory aging to target levels.
- Develop and maintain a culture of accountability driven by rigorous proactive team-based learning and game-filming.
- Recruit, develop and retain top purchasing talent who can meet the required number of purchases, model EchoPark core value behaviors, and portfolio performance.
- Contribute to the development of the company business plan and inventory strategy.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Operate and Scale Inventory and Purchasing
- Analyze weekly, monthly, and quarterly inventory and sales performance to evolve and refine purchasing strategy to optimize and achieve sales, gross profit, and quality targets in all markets.
- Cultivate and lead an energized environment with strong accountability to drive consistent sustained performance. Operate a positive and collaborative management culture that fosters success and high levels of communication.
- “Clear the Path” to remove obstacles and enable teams to be successful and achieve Company key performance indicators and growth objectives.
- Maintain and constantly improve inventory mix and balance at all EchoPark locations. Maintain product quality and cost control in partnership with Recon Department.
- Develop and manage inventory and purchasing strategy in partnership with senior Leadership Team.
Develop Purchasing Processes, Systems, and Data Analytics
- Review and game-film purchases and inventory key performance indicators daily. Maintain a daily rhythm of buying and inventory reviews with buying team and monthly reviews and assessments of individual and Brand portfolio performance.
- Serve as on-site feedback loop to executive team on daily performance and culture or Purchasing Department.
- Develop a deep understanding of Purchasing and Inventory risks by Model and Trim to clearly guide automotive Buyers and Brand Leaders.
- Craft and maintain a strict culture of accountability and learning within the buying team.
- Develop and leverage systems and analytics to guide buyer decision-making and improve the volume, gross profit, and quality of inventory.
- Develop nuanced market and competitive intelligence to get ahead of the market. Develop a system of research and decision making with buyers to meet demands.
Recruit, develop, and Lead the Team
- Recruit and retain top talent to achieve company growth targets and key performance indicators.
- Construct and implement development programs to drive continuous performance.
- Scale a cohesive team that lives and embraces the Culture of the Company and tackles business problems as a team rather than with individual heroism.
- Support and drive a team environment where people are engaged in continuous daily learning and rigorous game-filming.
Cultivate and Manage Vehicle Sourcing and Logistics
- Artfully identify and nurture additional inventory product sources: Auctions, fleet sources, etc.
- Artfully identify and nurture logistics sources: Brokers, Carriers, Transporters, etc.
- Develop and grow relationships with key inventory sources.
- Balance transportation speed with cost and aging.
- Implement strict cost control programs.
- Increasing automotive leadership roles, culminating in successful senior level automotive purchasing roles, company level inventory management, or Regional/General Manager experience for the last 5+ years.
- Rising star career stage. Critical mass of experience.
- Proven experience in a fast-paced and high-change growth environment.
- Proven track record of high-level people management and developing/retaining top talent.
- Experienced in assessing and improving people performance through effective coaching and high levels of accountability.
- Excellent written and oral executive communication skills. Senior leader with high energy, high standards, and executive presence.
- Proven record of successful leadership through leading by example and constant challenging and development of people.
- Ability to be vulnerable and open to learning.
- Senior level automotive purchasing experience a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.