Find Your Job
General Manager - Capitol Hyundai in Montgomery, AL at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 2/10/2021
Montgomery, AL 36116
At Capitol Hyundai, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
The General Manager is completely responsible for and will be held accountable for the successful operation of the entire dealership. She / he will develop and execute plans to ensure the dealership of a reasonable profit and the stockholders of a fair return on their investments. The General Manager will accomplish all objectives through planning, motivating and coordinating the activities of all departments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Understand, evangelize and execute all Sonic Automotive Playbooks. - Plan the dealerships operations of the coming year and report the plan to the Regional Vice President and Senior Management for approval.
· Obtain, review and recommend improvements for each department manager’s monthly forecasts and plans.
· Ensure that every department operates harmoniously and profitably.
· Develop and maintain a good working relationship with the factory and lending institutions.
· Ensure that a completed financial statement is submitted to the factory by the 5th working day of each month.
· Formulate policies and establish procedures for all training programs and monitor their effectiveness.
· Oversee all dealership personnel functions, to include: interviewing, hiring, measuring and evaluating performance, recognizing accomplishments, and termination.
· Review and approve the compensation plans for all employees.
· Ensure that department managers are training and supervising employees for optimum effectiveness.
· Communicate management’s policies and procedures to all employees and ensure that they are understood and followed.
· Complete a formal performance evaluation of each department manager once every six months.
· Provide enthusiastic leadership to shape employees’ attitudes and build morale.
· Establish harmony and teamwork among departments.
· Conduct managers’ meeting at scheduled intervals.
· Coordinate with the business office to ensure that records and analysis be maintained accurately.
· Develop merchandising strategies and assist in creating an effective, cost-efficient advertising program
· Resolve any customer complaints that line management has not been able to resolve.
· Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
· High school diploma or the equivalent.
· College degree preferred.
· Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
· At least two years in a dealership sales capacity.
· At least five year in a supervisory position.
· Professional personal appearance.
· Excellent communication skills in person, on the telephone, and in writing.
· All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA
· All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner
· All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, credit report, and valid driver license It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference.
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.