Find Your Job
Benefits Specialist in Charlotte, NC at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 1/28/2021
Charlotte, NC 28211
At Sonic Automotive, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
The Benefits Specialist is responsible for day to day operational and data support aspects of benefit programs, to include program and data analysis, payroll file validation and transmission, employee transaction validation, and associated employee communications. Areas of data support responsibility will include full range of health and welfare plans.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Provide customer service support to teammate and HR manager benefit inquiries and issues.
- Research data issues and participant escalations and work with vendors on resolutions
- Manage the wellness program.
- Analysis and verification of vendor data files.
- Track and manage employee transactions - transfers, rehires and terminations.
- Auditing of employee benefit data.
- Key participant in user testing for benefit configuration changes, rate testing and open enrollment.
- Provide training to HR and Payroll teams on benefits enrollment system (BSwift).
- Additional duties include assistance in the development of employee benefit communications, regulatory reporting, and additional analysis as needed.
Job Qualifications / Requirements:
- 2 to 4-years of benefits experience required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, problem solving and financial analysis skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel and Access Database and ability to manipulate large volumes of data, determine trends, knowledge of HRIS systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, math, economics or related area preferred.
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of health and welfare programs and associated legal and procedural requirements including ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, etc.
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.