Find Your Job
Automotive General Manager in Birmingham, AL at EchoPark Automotive
Date Posted: 12/14/2020
Birmingham, AL 35210
EchoPark Automotive is one of the fastest growing brands within the automotive industry. We are building a business based on doing things the right way. From the way we treat our guests, take pride in our work and share opportunities for our employees to grow as we grow. We are proud of what we're doing here and would love to tell you about our opportunities!
We are looking for a General Manager, Preowned Automotive Sales, to help us open our first location in Birmingham, Alabama in April. The GM will report directly to the National Director of Sales. At EchoPark, we look at things differently focusing on a fantastic and transparent guest experience. EchoPark is a successful brand as part of the Sonic Automotive Company (NYSE:SAH) and is continuing our rapid expansion. Birmingham will be our 18th store location and open for business in April with this position starting in February. If you are ready to take your career in a new direction, come join our team!
The General Manager insures that the dealership meets its used car sales quotas and its gross objectives on a daily, monthly, and yearly basis. She / he will accomplish these objectives through planning, organizing, coordinating, and measuring the activities of the vehicle Sales Department. Additionally, the GM has oversight of the entire facilities, ensuring that the business operations, reconditioning (service) and sales teams all work smoothly in conjunction with one another through a collaborative teammate environment centered around our core values.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the guest receives an outstanding customer service experience.
- Monitor guest flow, ensuring each transaction flows smoothly.
- Play an active and energetic role in maximizing sales opportunities in the showroom.
- Mentor, train and promote a culture of accountability within the business.
- Determine monthly and yearly budgets for sales performance.
- Forecast monthly with each salesperson to establish objectives in terms of closing percentages in each category, time utilization, prospecting efforts, unit sales, and projected income.
- Meet with each salesperson as early as possible every day to review yesterday’s results and today’s plan of action.
- Conduct sales meetings.
- Provide on the job training for salespeople.
- Review monthly commission sheets, productivity reports, salespersons’ monthly forecast, and profit performance with the Dealer by salesperson and as a department.
- Ensure that every guest is thanked personally.
- Keep an accurate count of floor traffic with a curiosity in learning new ways to capture business.
- Drive forward the EchoPark sales playbook ensuring each guest receives an excellent experience.
- Strong automotive leadership experience within a fast-paced dealership
- Tremendous energy and passion for guest experience and teammate morale
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent managerial skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.